Full-body wellness is not a quick fix or one-stop-shop when treating physical pain or ailments, nor are the benefits of consistent chiropractic treatment specific to back pain or spinal injury. Because the spine is connected to the nervous system and affects all parts of your body, including your immune system, consistent chiropractic care is vital in maintaining your body’s recovery and overall health in addition to ongoing pain management.
At Tannenbaum Chiropractic, our team wants you to experience the natural benefits and joy that comes with self-care through consistent chiropractic treatment in Beverly Hills, no matter what initially brings you into our boutique, spa-like facility.
The Importance of Consistent Chiropractic Care
The effectiveness of treating specific areas due to irregularities, injury, or chronic pain increases with chiropractic treatment consistency. Like all approaches to holistic, full-body wellness, the process is ongoing. Chiropractic care is not a simple doctor’s visit to “fix” an issue, but rather, a habitual lifestyle that promotes wellness maintenance from the inside out. Consider consistent chiropractic care not only a preventative measure, but a healthy lifestyle change. And, even if you do suffer from back pain or other chronic health issues, or are seeking chiropractic care to treat a specific injury, prevention is also supported with a strong, healthy body, generated through your regular chiropractic care visits.
Major Benefits of Consistent Chiropractic Visits
Whole body wellness is in itself a preventative measure. Just like daily vitamins, regular exercise, and a healthy diet, implementing consistent chiropractic treatments to your healthy lifestyle will benefit you greatly.
By visiting your chiropractor regularly—not only for pain management or corrections—you will:
- Produce a drug-free, natural recovery process: alternatives to substances for various reasons promote a holistic, positive healing and recovery process. Whatever your reason for wanting to avoid medication, doing so can also help longevity of successful pain management and healing, as the body can grow dependent to pain medications that inhibit proper healing and body functionality.
- Strengthen your immune system: it is well-known that chiropractic care will boost your immune system. Instead of aiming for an occasional “boost,” however, when you receive ongoing immune system health care, you are working to keep your body healthy and able to fight off disease and illness year-round.
- Lower your blood pressure: a misaligned spine can cause a myriad of health issues, including regulation of healthy blood pressure. Especially if you have ongoing blood pressure issues, you may want to receive regular chiropractic treatment as a means to manage them.
- Increase overall mobility to prevent injury: a tight, inflexible spine will cause mobility restriction in several other parts of the body, including the neck and shoulders, and even as far as the hips and hamstrings, which can all contribute to injury risk. By receiving regular spinal adjustments, you are strengthening and stretching not only your neck and back, but also helping to prevent injury and pain elsewhere.
- Strengthen your core and promote balance: there are a few benefits that come with a strong core and increased balance ability! Not only is a strong core connected to a strong lower back, but strong balance will promote healthy posture and help to prevent potential falls and further injuries.
- Monitor past issues and prevent reoccurrence of injury: if you suffer from chronic pain or other ongoing health conditions, or are healing and recovering from an injury, it is important to not simply treat and walk away, as you pose the risk of the issues returning. By monitoring your body and its response to chiropractic treatments, you can track your progress and flag any potential reoccurrences.
- Increase your energy and revitalize your sleep habits: whether poor sleep is caused by anxiety, hormonal imbalances, physical pain, or irregular sleep positions, spinal adjustments can help you sleep better, revitalizing your daily life as a whole. Who doesn’t need better sleep and more energy, after all?
- Improve digestive health: gut health is a too-often overlooked facet of wellness, as digestive irregularities can cause a number of other health problems. Fortunately, chiropractic care treatments can work in conjunction with healthy diet and exercise by relieving tension in the digestive tract and promoting digestive wellness.
- Create healthier lifestyle habits overall: the truth is, when we feel better and more in tune with our bodies, we treat our bodies better. By visiting your chiropractor regularly, you remind yourself that your body is worth taking care of and you can carry this mindset into other facets of your health and wellness such as daily exercise, being conscious of your posture, and even what you eat. Think of your chiropractic treatments as overall wellness checks and acts of self-love that keep you on a path of health and happiness.
Consistency is Key when Maintaining Healthy Habits
Perhaps the most beneficial outcome of consistent chiropractic treatment is a strong establishment of healthy habits. After all, by definition, habits must be consistent! Your body adapts to your daily habits, whether positive or negative—this means, even if you are intending on treating a specific ailment or correction, your body will return back to its prior state if you do not create a foundation of ongoing, full-body wellness. Just like a diet or exercise plan won’t work if you only put in the effort once or twice a year, the benefits from chiropractic treatments cannot be fully realized unless you are consistent. Don’t only go partway when it comes to taking care of your body when you can live the healthy life you deserve.